Old 30-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Phisherman

Default First time herb garden

On 30 Jun 2003 02:29:12 GMT, (CVGam) wrote:

How do you pick herbs like parsley or basil so they keep growing or do you get
only one growth?

Depends on the herb. With basil, I harvest it all at the end of the
season, dry it in a dehydrator, and store it in a jar. You can get
two pickings by taking only half the leaves in mid-summer. Parsley
survives the (mild) winters here so I use it for making winter-time
soups. The parsley survives one winter, then bolts to seed the
following summer and reseeds itself. Rosemary, sage, thyme, and
lavender stay green all year.