Old 30-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Andyd

Default scorpion control?

One thing I should mention while we are on this topic, although it is
slightly off the topic.

If you have problems with scorpions, you may also have the potential
for brown recluse spiders. Many people in my neighborhood don't even
know what they look like, and I know they are in our area, having
found many in my house. I found my first the day after one of my
coworkers brought one into work in a jar, I had no idea what they
looked like. These can give you a serious bite.

I did a little web search and the best photo I found was at
http://www.everythingabout.net/artic...ecluse_spider/

They are very distinctive looking and easy to ID (even at a distance)
once you are used to what they look like and how they move (they are
very fast spiders). I would recommend to everyone that you learn what
they look like and be on the lookout for these.

andyd

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:28:01 -0500, Ruth Shear
wrote:

G'day

I'm generally of the school of live and let live, but when I rolled my
19 month old over on the bed yesterday and saw a tiny (1/2 inch)
scorpion scuttle out of a fold of the bedsheet, I found my limit!

My first inclination was to call a pest control company (well chemfree
who I've heard are a bit more careful about what they spray around), but
does any one have any other suggestions that are less extreme?

DrRuth