Old 30-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Default Lotus Frustration

I live with lots of critters. So far nothing has bothered the lotus and
it's in a buried container, very easy to get into. By any chance, did you
put blood or bone meal into the container?
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take
an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and
depart. " Socrates

"EliezerE" wrote in message
I got four lotus tubers, and watched three either rot or be unearthed and
chewed on by local vermin. I have one left, and I'm hoping that it will
survive the depradations to its leaves long enough to get established and

bloom
this year. Has anyone else had the degree of frustration that I am

having, or
did I just do everything wrong? And why do the tubers cost so darn much?