Old 30-06-2003, 05:20 PM
John Bachman

Default Water clear as a bell. What did I do wrong?

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:18:29 GMT, "Tony Brennan"
wrote:

Interesting to hear that you have an 8 foot streat. I am trying to build one
into my setup but am finding it difficult get information about pumps etc.
Do you mind if I ask ... what size pump are you using and how deep/wide is
the stream.

The stream is fed by the filter/waterfall. My pump is 1800 gph and
the head is 3.5 feet. The stream is approximately 18 inches wide and
depth varies as I have two pools in it, one about 6 inches deep and
the other is 11 inches deep. The running stream part is pretty steep
so is not very deep. Gets lots of nice babble though :-).

lost his fish: I have not checked my ph recently and will do so this
evening. We have not had much rain lately so I have replenished with
my well water which is very acid. The last time I checked the pond it
was very close to neutral.

John

Thanks
Tony