Old 30-06-2003, 06:56 PM
John DeBoo

Default Deadheading roses?

Tono wrote:
snip
info I can find is how to prune it in the fall. What do I do with it
now? How low do I cut below the old bloom, or above the main trunk that
stem came from? On one site it says it blooms late summer. Summer is
just getting under way here, is it going to keep blooming all summer?

No expert here by any means but this is how my wife cuts the old
flowers off our roses. She cuts off anything just above the
uppermost branch that has exactly 5 leaves on it. She got this from
a book somewhere and our roses tend to bloom all summer long this
way. Ours are going crazy this year too.
Zone 7 - Albuquerque