Old 30-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Frogleg

Default Who would have thunk it?

On 30 Jun 2003 13:11:09 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Tax-funded NSF study shows rich people's yards have more plants*

snip, but do Google for the interesting original
"When investigating urban systems, we must
re-conceptualize biodiversity in terms of human choice, and in terms of how
choices are made, and why," said NSF scientist Charles Redman.

When investigating gov't spokespeople, we must require straight
answers, but not necessarily straight faces on the part of the public.
There's an NPR sponsor I can't remember the name of with a tagline
that goes something like 'dedicated to discovering the causes of
homelessness.' Geez -- does this Foundation or Enterprise have to take
its socks off to count past 10? While trying, briefly, to Google the
exact Foundation, Enterprise, or Organization, I found a whole heap of
references to researching 'the causes of homelessness.' Hey, for 50
bucks, I'd tell 'em "no homes." I'd even write a report. For another
$50, I'd toss in "hungry."