Old 01-07-2003, 12:32 AM
kent

Default Lawn Tractor - help buying

I purchased the John Deere L110 to replace my JD LX176 this spring. It has
done a great job on the lawn plus I use it to push gravel on the drive way.
I have not had it during the winter but if it is able to push gravel I can
only have faith it will push snow. I have close to one acre with a few
obstacles and it is able to get very close to all of them. I only have to
edge if I let the grass get too tall. I have zero complaints and my local
Deere service dept is very responsive to my needs.

Kent

"Sobriez" wrote in message
Hi,

I have about 1/2 acre to mow with several obstacles, but mostly flat.

I am looking to purchase a lawn tractor.

I have looked at MTD, Craftsman, John Deere and Kubota - all of which I

can
get parts and service easily (no other brands in my area like Cub Cadet)

I've narrowed it down to three:
John Deere L110
John Deere LT150 or LT160
Kubota T1570

There's about a $1000CDN difference between the L110 and the others. I've
seen some negatives about the L series JD's, and some rave reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with any of my contenders?? Parts/service
are important to me. Is the L series really that bad.

Thanks

Jack in Canada