Old 01-07-2003, 12:56 AM

Default Turtle Questions

In , on 06/30/03
at 04:00 AM, ESPMER (K30a) said:

Turtles will come and they will go.
You just never know. I had one who was with me for three years until he
was injured in a fish weeding.
Better to have a rescued native in case
of introduced critters. Ask your vet if there are any turtle rehabbers
around. They need a safe place to get out and bask in
the sun. You can leave some turtle chow there unless you have dogs. Then
you can construct and island and place any turtle food there.
You need a good filter for turtle poo and enough plants to put up with
turtle munching. Water hyacinths are good for that.

Painted turtles must be fed in the water. This may be true of other
species of aquatic turtle as well.

Alan

**** Please use address ) to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564