Old 01-07-2003, 02:20 AM
Ann

Default Solar Powered Garden Lights. Any Good?

(AuralFeast) expounded:

I'm thinking of adding a few lights to my backyard garden - the little ones
that stick into the soil and stand a foot or so above the ground. I'm
interested in the solar powered version (laziness factor) - are any of these
lights any good? Are they dependable? How much light do they throw in
comparison to their hard-wired bretheren? Any brands better than others?

I've got them out in my garden, bought them from Home Depot. They
don't 'throw light' at all, they just glow, and add a nice touch to
the garden. We've had one fail, I think it was one of the Hampton
Beach ones, but they're cheap enough, I just replaced it. Four for
$17.99, I think.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA