Old 01-07-2003, 02:56 AM
RichToyBox

Default Lotus Frustration

I can't remember where I got this but, this recipe uses blood meal, bone
meal, and other fertilizers.
Lily Fertilizer

This fertilizer recipe was credited to Mr. Perry Slocum who has originated
and patented many of the lilies and lotus, including Mrs. Perry Slocum a
very fragrant lotus with large double flowers.

The recipe is based on mixing a bushel size container of soil.

1. Use good clay type garden soil.

2. Mix into the soil 1 cup of bone meal.

3. Mix into the soil 1 cup of granular fertilizer with a high middle
number such as 10-20-10. The larger middle number is for blooms.

4. Add about 8 large Agriform fertilizer tablets around the edge of
the container. (If you cannot find Agriform tablets, use Jobe's Tomato
Spikes).

5. Mix into the soil 1 cup of dried blood meal.

Make sure all is mixed well. Top with pea gravel or larger to keep the fish
out

Stand back and watch and "listen" to them grow. After about 3 weeks in this
soil ad new tablets every 2 weeks.
--
RichToyBox

"Wendy Kelly Budd" wrote in message
I live with lots of critters. So far nothing has bothered the lotus and
it's in a buried container, very easy to get into. By any chance, did

you
put blood or bone meal into the container?
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take
an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and
depart. " Socrates

"EliezerE" wrote in message
I got four lotus tubers, and watched three either rot or be unearthed

and
chewed on by local vermin. I have one left, and I'm hoping that it will
survive the depradations to its leaves long enough to get established

and
bloom
this year. Has anyone else had the degree of frustration that I am

having, or
did I just do everything wrong? And why do the tubers cost so darn

much?