Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 AM
animaux

Default Coconut Fiber...

I didn't see the original post, but Sam's brand at Walmart sells the product
which is called coir? Can't spell worth a lick. I've used it for established
plants, but didn't have good results starting seeds. Last year, I forget now
who, told us on rec.gardens about the high level of salinity caused by this
medium. He or she posted several links...maybe I still have them, let me go
look...

This isn't the website I saw a while back, but this is some interesting stuff:

http://www.greeneem.com/prod03.htm

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:58:23 -0700, "Starlord" wrote:

There is at lest two potting soils I know of that have that same stuff in them,
and I've head good reports of it's useage by Dahlia growers.