Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 AM
animaux

Default Why mow bermuda so low?

Because it is bullshit. I mow mine at 3.5 to 4 inches and it is green,
beautiful and needs water maybe every ten days or so.

Bermuda has several hybrids, a few of which the agronomists love to use on golf
courses. These range from 1 inch to 1.5 inches, to virtually no inches for
greens.

To answer you seriously, there is no reason to mow bermuda that low. I have no
idea why it is recommended.

On 30 Jun 2003 10:44:27 -0700, (Greg) wrote:

Everything I read says that bermuda should be kept between 3/4" to 1"
but never does it say why? Is this because of the look or is there a
real reason to mow this short?

Thanks,
Greg