Old 01-07-2003, 03:56 AM
Julie Sloan

Default How Does A Lawn Become A Flower Bed?

On 29 Jun 2003 12:50:58 GMT, (GrampysGurl) typed
these words:

NO $. What I want for a flower bed is probably 10' x 120' Thatsa
lotta mulch bags.

Julie

I do the newspaper thing then put a layer of mulch over it, I have even watered
it to soften the paper and planted right through the paper... I do have pretty
good soil already so little to no amendments are needed.
Colleen
zone 5 CT

Hi Colleen, and thanks for the response. I'll try the newspapers
soon. We have a nicely seasoned mulch pile (given us last year when
tree-trimmers were making the rounds) which should cover a good-sized
area. Our soil is rich but rocky.

Julie (NE Kentucky, zone 6/7)

http://www.bobsloansampler.com/

Bearskin to Holly Fork: Stories from Appalachia
by Bob Sloan ISBN: 1-893239-21-7