Old 01-07-2003, 04:08 AM
GSHATTERHAND

Default How Does A Lawn Become A Flower Bed?

Subject: How Does A Lawn Become A Flower Bed?
From: (kathy)
Date: 6/29/03 1:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time

To make a flower bed and survive the event, buy enough bags of compostand

manure at WalMart to cover the new bed. Lay the bags unopened over
the area leaving NO space uncovered. Come back in the spring. Slit thebags

and dump the contents over the "flower bed." Rake smooth andplant. NO work. No
newspapers. No digging. NO heart attacks or heatstroke. I speak from
experience here. NEVER will I EVER dig sod outagain LOL.
KSHULLER

I like that idea! If I had the patience, and didn't have a utility room full of
flowers waited to be planted, I would use your method.

(I started this post. I didn't want to dig out all that sod. But the darn thing
is, I ended up digging it all out anyway! Once I dug a few shovel fulls it
became a macho challenge and I just kept going. Took about 4 days and was a LOT
of sweaty, nasty work. I would NOT do it again but would use the
new-soil-over-newspapers-method or the method described above. The new flower
bed is beautiful though.)