Old 01-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Hung Le

Default [IBC] Green Island Ficus

Hi All,
Before I am going at my questions, I like to thanks all of the guys had
help me before.
I bought two Green Island Ficus for my winter bonsai. One is two inches in
trunk diameter,19 inches tall with nice movement in trunk line but need to
cut it down to replace apex for taper. My second one is 1.75 trunk and
straight as a bamboo. I think i am going to make a banyan style out of that
one.
Does Green Island Ficus bud back easy when doing trunk chop? What is the
best time to carry out the job? Is there a certain method to trunk chop for
banyan style?
Thank you all
Hung Le. VA zone 7

I choose not to be a commom man