Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 AM
John Rutz

Default OT stopping telemarketers :)

Snooze wrote:
"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...

Also, I recommend the TeleZapper that we have attached to our primary [and
business] line -- although we were prepared to disconnect it if clients
complained about the [brief] tone, very few have asked us about it; most

of

those who did asked if we were taping the calls [no], and all were
supportive of our effort to free ourselves of telemarketers.

Telezapper doesn't work as well as it used to. The telezapper simulates the
tone that the phone company produces on phone numbers that are out of
service. It worked fine for while, atleast until telemarketing companies
modified their predictive dialers to recognize the difference between a line
that is truely out of service, and one that is connected to a telezapper.

Not like any of this makes a difference if millions of our knuckleheaded
countrymen continue to respond to surveys or buy good from those that call
our house. I suspect the value of a DNCL is minimal. It is extremely easy to
relocate a call center offshore and continue to do business as usual.

Sameer

one news report i saw telemarketer being interviewed said they woulld
step up Email solicitation to make up the diff
so look for junk mail to go way up come Oct
thats all we need more junk mail

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com