Old 06-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Alan Silver

Default Plants with holes in leaves - nutrient deficiency ?

In article , LeighMo
writes
If it is the fish or snail, any idea what I can do about it ? The fish
get fed plenty, although I don't tend to put vegetables in the tank
much. Have done once or twice, but they never seemed *that*interested in
them.

If something's eating your plants, putting veggies in the tank will
probably help. A A slice of cucumber, zucchini (courgette, I think you
call it over there), or apple. Frozen peas (peel the skin off first).
A leaf of romaine lettuce. Canned green beans (low salt, if possible).
I would expect your snail, at least, to be interested in these foods.

Might try it again, but as I said, they've never been that interested in
veggies. I usually use either cucumber or peas (30 seconds in the
microwave, then peeled and chopped). Might try something different. I'll
see what the wife has available !! Apple and lettuce should be easy.

Thanx

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "furryferret" if replying by e-mail