Old 01-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Rick McGreal

Default Gathering worms

Kay Easton wrote in
:

Wasn't it you who said you hadn't found any worms on your new allotment?

Not me....I only have a garden....
But the worms are for my compost heap...

If the conditions aren't right, you won't benefit by adding worms. But
if you can improve the soil by adding a lot of humus, the worms will
arrive.

The soil is good enough for plants and such....
And when I go digging I can find them without too much hassle...

But I really don't want to go round digging up my garden just for worms...
And the idea of going to a tackle shop and buying them just seems like a
waste if I can get them from my garden for free....

Obviously if it comes to it I'll have to buy them......I just don't want
to!