Old 01-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default How long do carp live?

This is the right group. There's some farm pond owners hiding about. Carp
lifespans range from 7-20 years and I've seen upwards of 60 years. I would
try to catch them and just destory them as you catch them. Hopefully your
dad bought triploid carp so that they are not reproducing. If they are
reproducing you'll have to kill all the fish in the pond and start over.

"JohnB" wrote in message
Dunno if I got the right newsgroup here but it's the only 'pond' one I
could find. I have a farm pond, around 10 years ago my father stocked
several white amur and israeli carp for weed control. We really didn't
have a bad weed problem in the first place, my Pop succumbed to slick
talking 'fish' saleman. The carp eat the fishfood I put out for my
bream/sunfish. How many more years can I expect these fish to live? Any
input appreciated...
JohnB