Old 01-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Lee

Default Feeding Robins

They really are cheeky little devils...

When we moved into our house, we laid a new lawn and whilst doing so, we
were helped by Mr Robbin eating all the leatherjackets.
He got pretty brave and eventually he would take them from your hand.
Two years later (a long time in robbin terms) we have a Mr and Mrs Robbin
and Robin Jnr all eating from the hand, in fact they regularly pop in the
back door and eat the crumbs off the carpet!!!!
we found the ideal thing for them... in fact they chose it themselves...
I was sitting eating my lunch in the back garden, on looking up there was Mr
Robbin sitting on my plate eating my pork pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So our family of Robbins, eat pork pies and they love it....
In fact they always have a song for us, and keep you company when your in
the garden!
Hurrah for the robin!

"Albertine" wrote in message
Every morning a couple of robins hop into my kitchen and enjoy the few
crumbs of bread I toss on the mat for them. I'm wondering if there is
anything more tasty I could offer my visitors - or maybe I shouldn't
encourage them to feed food they haven't snapped up - naturally - from
the garden?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Melanie G