Old 01-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Shiva

Default Dying Canes and Fungicide

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:29:05 -0700, Cass
wrote:

I know that I have personally po'd the rose god. Right after I received
the word about DM from not one but *two* careful researchers, I
determined that I have improved the soil enough to attract... pocket
gophers.

Oh no, they are bigger than voles and so much worse, I imagine, as
they can eat more! Although, the voles just eat the roots, not much
volume wise but rather important to the plant.

They have a rough time making a living here, but they've found
my raised beds. I hope they're big enough to be discouraged by wire
planting cages. So far, the bunkers excavated with my jackhammer are
secure. Sheesh. What next? Blue ice?

Heh. I don't know. Cats are good, but if you live in a busy place and
you love cats you don't want them outseide. It is a good thing I am
past my thuper thenthitive rose growing period, or I would be beside
myself. As it is I am having some difficulty looking on the bright
side. I mean, I can plan a new bed, but why do it if they will get
those plants too? I guess I have to use permatil on all sides and on
top of the roots, too. Worst of all, I may have to scrape up all my
lovely decaying leaves. They are breeding mosquitos, too.