Old 01-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Paul DeWolf

Default How long do carp live?

I used to fish for carp with friends as a kid. We'd use fairly large hooks
with dough for bait made of just flour and water. We'd put enough weight on
the line to make it sink to the bottom and just wait.

If you're not doing this already, you might be able to just let it sit and
check on it a few times a day.

Paul

"JohnB" wrote in message

Sam Hopkins wrote:

This is the right group. There's some farm pond owners hiding about.

Carp
lifespans range from 7-20 years and I've seen upwards of 60 years.

Thanks for the reply Sam, you've confirmed what I had heard about the age.
Catching them is going to be tricky, they've seemed to avoid being hooked

so
far.

JB