Old 01-07-2003, 05:20 PM
More to Wiggle

Default Feeding Robins

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
. net...
I believe robins prefer worms etc. If you want to provide food, you might
consider a trip to the local fishing tackle stockists for some maggots.

On
the other hand, especially at this time of year I would suggest that young
robins might need to learn to fend for themselves.

Paul DS.

The RSPB now recommends that we feed garden birds all year round. You can
buy mealworms mail order!!!!!!!! Bearing in mind the shock I once got when
I ordered stick insects for my kids in this way and promptly forgot about
them until I unwrapped the parcel and nearly dropped it in shock this may
not be a good idea! And no I do not feed my children stick incests!!!!

However, good pet shops stock them at reasonable prices and varying sizes.
When you put them on your bird table, make sure you place them in a
container with sides (don't need to be more than an inch high) or they will
all scarper.

Vicky