Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 PM
John T. Jarrett

Default African violet "white dots"

http://www.optimara.com/doctoroptimara/diagnosis.html

Dr. Optimara (Optimara grows violets) says it is probably Thrips. You can
click the leaf icon on that page to start a new diagnosis.

http://www.rachelsreflections.com is a great source of dozens of easy to
understand Violet Care pages.

hth,
John
Austin, Tex

"Belle Thomas" wrote in message
m...
I have a good-looking, blooming African violet which has suddenly come
up with little white dots, a few on some leaves, but mostly down some
stems and at the main stem. I lost a couple of leaves, but not an
unusual amount for a plant this big (about 9"diameter).

Can anyone tell me:

What it is?

is it not a "good thing"? g
and

how to get rid of it/prevent it if it's harmful to the plants or me?

I don't have the problem on any of the other violets. And, I have a
*bunch* of 'em. This one is on one side of the kitchen sink...I have
two other smaller/younger ones on the other side of the sink and they
have no spots. All of them are watered/fed from the bottom.

Puzzled...
Belle