Old 01-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default Help with indoor Lily care

True Lilies are not to be grown as houseplants.
You didn't follow the directions on the package, did you?

KC wrote in message
om...
(KC) wrote in message

. com...
I recently posted here asking about my indoor hibiscus and everyone
was so helpful. (This is the nicest group I've encountered yet!)
With the advice I got here I was able to get my hibiscus healthy and
blooming. Now about this Lily: It's looking VERY yellow and the
bottom half of the plant is quite droopy. I have it sitting on my
desk very near a bright window, but I have heavy tapestry curtains
which I assume protect it from direct sunlight. I'm watering it about
once a week and the soil doesn't feel terribly dry. Although it says
to keep away from light, the side of the plant facing AWAY from the
window is the most yellow part. I have no blooms yet, but I am more
interested in just getting the leaves from looking so yellow and
unhealthy. Is this more of a sunlight issue or a water issue? Or
have I done something else wrong? Thanks guys!

I bought the plant as a potted one. The card simply reads 'perennial'
Lily. Sorry I can't be more of a help! I watered it last night and
this morning it looks even worse. So saggy and yellow. Oh well! I
will try more sun and the iron that was suggested here!!