Old 01-07-2003, 08:32 PM
joe

Default Pond Cam

Bob Sisson wrote:

I will ask for details on the CAM as we are thinking about the same thing...

How Much $

$260 - last Feb, probably less now
http://www.compuplus.com
Was cheapest at that time

How Far from the House ?

100'

Wired or Wireless?

wired
How fast ...

Depends
You can set it for 1 to 20 frames per sec (or just on auto and it will
adjust to the load). You can also transmit a smaller picture and adjust the
compression rate. I see it in my home office and see okay movement. My wife,
at her office is getting about 1-5 frames per sec.

Anything else you can think of...

I'm a bit disappointed in the picture quality, but that varies also. It is
better when there is less range in the picture, ie- when there is no glare.
Over all though, I'm happy with it. We got it mostly so our family in the
colder climes could see it in winter. Yes, I know - that's nasty.

Joe