Old 01-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Gordon Couger

Default RR Wheat - but who wants it? (was GM German Wheat Trials...)

Puma doesn't produce the milling qualities, protein and color that are
expected of wheat from our area. We had some wheat test 15% protein this
year.

The area raises some of the best hard red winter wheat in the world and we
don't bring in varieties that don't measure up. The merchants simply won't
buy it. You have to take it to the feed lot or dairy and take what they will
give you for it. Some people raise soft wheat for pasture and feed but not
many. Wheat makes poor feed for cattle and we don't have any chicken or hog
operations around.

Since you raise wheat I thought you would have some idea what I meant by
quality.

Gordon
"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:50:05 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

It doesn't have the quaintly that we like.

Gordon

What, you mean the crop has not been genetically engineered
to be tolerant to Puma, so you don't like that herbicide?

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 03:15:09 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

After a perfect year for wild oats in western Oklahoma Round Up Ready

wheat
would find a place if it could be sold. Depending on custom cutter and
bigger combines have scattered wild oats every where and normal

cultural
practices in wheat won't control them.

But you have Puma available to deal with wild oats in the growing
crop, haven't you?