Old 01-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Steven Worth

Default Plant Identification

When I was growing up my neighbor (Haw River, NC) had a flowering
plant with leaves that resembled marijuana leaves, no it was not
marijuana. The leaves were light green in color, that same as the
stalk. Other plant characteristics were pink flowers and seedpods
that had several seeds inside each pod. The pod started out green and
turned dark brown before falling to the ground and reseeding. The
pods had fuzz on them and the seeds inside were round, little, hard
and dark brown in color. The plant stalks were not woody and if you
broke one in half you could get a lot of water out of it. These plant
were almost on the verge of being invasive. We use to mow them with
the lawn mower to control their expanding borders.

Anyone have any idea what this could have been.