Old 01-07-2003, 08:58 PM
RedForeman

Default Great Service@Aquatic-store!

Is that why in every record store they hire a bunch of highschool pot-heads?
because they get stoned and learn every note of every song available??? If
so, they've got it figured out.....

But you are right, to offer good customer service, one MUST be knowledgeful
about what the items you are dealing with....

Sorry I hit a "personal" spot with the CS rep. from another chain pet
store. But, in another industry of which I am a long-time hobbysist,
running, I happen to know more about running shoes than most any store
sales person. (with the exception of other runners who happen to work
for mail-order running shoe catalogs or specialty running stores.)

In particular, I have ordered running shoes every year for a decade
since I discoverer Road Runner Sports in San Diego. They mail me a
catalog every 2 mos. (like Dr. Fosters & Smith/Pet Solutions) and I
have received very knowledgable advice on their toll-free no. when I
needed it.

In sum, the best business out there should try and hire sales help who
actually enjoy using/participating in the product they sell. It's a
win/win for companies, sales employees, and customers - but it is not
always posssible. Have a great day working, selling, and buying
aquarium supplies - and admirable industry!