Old 01-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Gathering worms

(NWalch) wrote in
om:

What are you going to use the worms for. If its composting then I
thought that bradling worms (from a fishing bait shop) were better
than the lob worms usually dug up in a garden (the brandling worms
live deeper in the ground AFAIK and are therefore harder to dig up).

Well.....I will wait and try out a couple of the ideas for charming them up
first before I give in and buy some...

Does anyone know how to charm these worms out?

A couple of the other messages have ideas that I may try....

I have had a compost heap for getting on a year now and there is very
little in the way of worms in there....Quite a few woodlice (Not sure if
thats good or not) but precious few wormies....

I'll take a couple of hours tomorrow while I am puttering about and see
what I bring up....And see how I go....

Thanks for teh suggestions people!