Old 01-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Chester Deja

Default My pond just had its first Algae Bloom! what do I do?????

No, It is Barley straw - only found in pond stores and possibly a
local farmer if you are lucky. I did see it in the paper once this
year around here though. Other types of straw do not put out as much
Hydrogen peroxide when it decays as Barley straw does thus Barley
straw it really the only viable solution.

Rick

Is this the same straw you get in bales at a garden center? I just tossed
some down around my pond to help the grass take root, and to try and keep
the mud in place. I wonder if I should toss some in the pond? Hmm...Bonnie
help...I am going to meddle again...

BV.