Old 02-07-2003, 12:51 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Mint plants

writes:

Then there's the "culinary" mint: plants that taste minty, or that have
been used in foods or teas instead of or like mints, or that have "mint"
somewhere in their name (usually because they've been used in foods and
teas like mints, but catmint for one certainly isn't culinary).

???

Perhaps my definition of culinary is too loose; I thought it was.

The hangtag on my catnip, purchased from a reputable veggie nursery, says:

Medicinal Herb - Nepeta cataria
CATNIP
Perennial, 2-5' ht., sun. Cats find the leaves and flowers intoxicating.
Tea is a popular nightcap; also a remedy for colds, fever. Lavender to
white flowers in June.

Perhaps I should refine my thoughts about culinary to mean seasoning
rather then edible?

Glenna