Old 02-07-2003, 12:52 AM
DaveO

Default just starting out, ? about pumps

DaveO wrote:

Forget the initial purchase price of the pump; just get one which has the
lowest power consumption by output and workout how much pa it is going to
cost you to run it. Put that into your choice equation. Assume the cost of
power is going to ride over the next three years.
I use submersible solids handling pumps by Oase; don't want the additional
work of cleaning pre filters they are also amongst the lowest on power
consumption to output.
Roddy

Roddy,

I was looking at those as I'm in the market also. The GPH for the
wattage looks great, but I'm concerned that they don't have the power
to pump 25' (1 1/2" flex pvc) from the skimmer to the waterfall
(Biofalls filter type) and have anything left over for the waterfall.
What say you about that?

Dave