Old 02-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Beecrofter

Default How to get rid of Ailanthus Altissima?

"Amy Lewis" wrote in message . ..
My yard is infested with Ailanthus Altissima, and I want it gone. I have
been told that it's virtually impossible to kill, and it would appear to be
so thus far. Others have recommended measures that include flamethrowers and
bulldozers, however, not having access to either and not having a source for
agent orange I'm casting about for advice.

Has anyone fought this insidiously and perniciously invasive plant and won?

Amy Lewis

Two people work together, one cuts the stem and the other immediately applies 2-4-d
herbicide (commonly sold as Brush B Gone) to the stump with a cheap paintbrush.