Old 02-07-2003, 05:44 AM
LeighMo

Default glow in the dark fishies

I believe that to interfere to the extent of physically removing a creature
from its natural environment is the ultimate abuse. The percentage that die
is unacceptable- how big is that pile of dead Cardinal Tetras in the sky?
Plus the trauma of being yanked from your home and being slapped into a
plastic bag?
Simply so they can live in a box in your home?
As humans can we really *be* that presumptuous?

Well, yes, obviously. g

I'm curious, though. If you feel this way, why do you have an aquarium?
Especially with wild-caught fish like cardinal tetras, otos, and farlowella
catfish? You could, if you wanted, keep only captive-bred fish, and not be
party to the "ultimate abuse."

Leigh