Old 02-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Veggie Filter size

PS:

See "my wife is the best" thread below! That my friend is what happens to
your whole family when you catch the pond fever!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Wilson" wrote in message
I just recently completed my waterfall last weekend and it's looking very
nice, it's roughly 3 1/2 feet high and flows about 6 feet into a 20 gal
basin...with a little 5 gal basin at the top.

My question is this...I can already tell that I want to add a pond right
beside it which will be fed from the 20 gal(it has an overflow spillway)

and
I want to eventually turn the 20 gallon basin into a veggie filter and use
that only, the pond will be no bigger than 150-200 gal and will include a
few(less than 10) fish and various plants....will the 20 gal basin be big
enough and what is the best plant to use? Should I get another small
filter(bottom) to go along with the VF? I saw someone's pics of their VF
the other day and it looked to be a small clover type plant....what is
that? I want to go as natural as possible with my pond.

Thanks in advance!

~Wilson~