Old 02-07-2003, 07:08 AM
jane

Default Gathering worms

On 1 Jul 2003 08:04:44 GMT, Rick McGreal wrote:

~Tim wrote in
~newsprrme9qx2wxhha1@localhost:
~
~ Does this really work?
~ I've heard it does, Not tried it myself.
~
~I seem to remember a TV show having worm charming championships....So
~something about it must work!

I was at Tintagel in Cornwall in Oct 2001 and they had a worm-charming
competition. It was hilarious to watch - a whole load of people jumping up
and down on their respective square yards of turf for five or so minutes...
I was extremely sceptical along with the friends I was with, but we all
stood there astonished when they counted the worms - hundreds!

So yes, it does indeed work. At least on Cornish fields by car parks...
What they rpobably don't say is now you've compacted the soil and squeezed
out the poor things, you have a heck of a job digging it over again 8-)

~ And what kind of ground should I pick?
~ One with worms in it (sorry :-) )
~
~Hmmm...Doesn't give me much room for choice!
~
~ Am I really going to look a prat for half an hour?! B-)

You won't need that long. 5-10 minutes I reckon.

~ Almost certainly.
~
~Oh well.....B-)

--