Old 02-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Henriette Kress

Default Mint plants

zxcvbob wrote:

Catmint is different from catnip. Catmint (Nepeta mussinii) is a nice
ornamental for dry sunny areas, like the little 10 inch wide bed between
the south side of my house and the sidewalk. It has small fragrant leaves
and blue flower spikes. Some cats find it mildly amusing, but not nearly
so much as catnip. I don't know of any culinary or medicinal uses for it.

All Nepeta spp. are edible, but that doesn't mean they're culinary.
Or would _you_ make a tea of catnip for its exquisite cat**** aroma?

.... okay, the taste isn't that strong, but it's not a tea you take unless
you _need_ to calm down, or calm down those cramps.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed