Old 02-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Sacha

Default Dahlia ID please

A friend of ours has a gorgeous dahlia in his garden we'd like to identify.
He has no idea where he got it or what it is. It's of the type called (I
think) 'ornamental'. It's about 2.5 feet tall and the flower is a very deep
rich pink - not at all fluorescent but very, very vivid and the foliage is
the sort of bronze of 'The Bishop'. Anyone got a clue? I've asked David
Hill and even he doesn't know this one!
This friend has a seaside garden that is literally on the edge of a cliff
and is the most fabulously located garden I know. He planted this Dahlia
with some bright pink surfinias and pelargoniums with a golden hop as a
background. They're all in pots between pillars on a curving, paved walk
with the sea below - I've never seen anything so WOW and in your face - or
not in England, anyway!
--

Sacha