Old 02-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Druss

Default Feeding Robins

"Albertine" wrote in message
Every morning a couple of robins hop into my kitchen and enjoy the few
crumbs of bread I toss on the mat for them. I'm wondering if there is
anything more tasty I could offer my visitors - or maybe I shouldn't
encourage them to feed food they haven't snapped up - naturally - from
the garden?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Melanie G

Well i know they like spiders, we had a regular visitor on the patio, would
always hang around picking up any morsels left when we move stuff around or
cleared out under pots. Then one day a spider ran across the lounge, being
the great softie I am I tried to catch it safely without hurting it, so I
could let it go outside, and finally got it on some paper, and took it to
the patio, dropped it off outside, and in swooped the robin and promptly ate
it. Strangely mixed feelings, but I think I favoured the robin in the end so
wasn't to distraught, just wished he come indoors to help himself to the
spiders.
Duncna