Old 02-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Cam

Default Liquid fertilizer

It depends on what type of plants you have. If you have floating plants
these will benefit as they draw nutrients straight from the water column.
Rooted plants would be better off with plant tabs imo, as they're mainly
feeding through their roots! Personally i would not go for liquid
fertilizer, the algae will have a whale of a time with it! At least with the
sticks its like a sort of slow release and does'nt leach into the water
column, so there are less nutrients for the alga to thrive on! GETIT? HTH

PS. I dont own a pond, only have experience with planted aquaria, but i wold
imagine the principle is roughly the same. Maybe some of these other CRAZY
porgers will enlighten us all.

"Tbumpy" wrote in message
Has anyone used this type of fertilizer for their pond plants? I was

wondering
how well it works and if anyone recommends a certain type. My pond is

large
(3500 gallons) and has quite a few plants so this would be easier for us

to use
than the plant tabs.