Old 02-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Julie Sloan

Default Please tell me what this is ... - DSCN0468Small.JPG (0/1)

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:51:30 GMT, Agent Friday
typed these words:

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:37:05 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12yo"
wrote:
You cannot attach photos to this newsgroup.

As for posting pictures in this group, is it really a problem? Anyone?
This is the group where people come with questions and answers about
gardening matters, and if a photo is useful in communicating or identifying
something, why not? It's not like Ellen posted 20 pictures of her garden
or posted it merely to show it off -- which is what I would think the
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens group is for. If the main purpose of the
post is to discuss something and get answers, it seems rather silly to have
to go to the other group, where (from what I've seen) the knowledgable
people aren't.

Yes, it's a problem. With dial-up, a picture may take a minute to
download. If twenty people post one picture each, a person on dial-up
who is *not* on an unlimited internet plan will be downloading twenty
minutes worth of stuff he hadn't planned to. Posting binaries to a
text-only group is considered quite inconsiderate.

Julie

http://www.bobsloansampler.com/

Bearskin to Holly Fork: Stories from Appalachia
by Bob Sloan ISBN: 1-893239-21-7