Old 02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Lee

Default Minimal pond for frogs

A couple of years ago, I built a small stream (with pump and all) in my mums
garden, its mainly made of the local rock, which I used to collect in a
rucksack when I went out running (i was fitter then!!)
But the frogs love it, it only has a small 1 ft diameter sump/ pond at the
bottom but we had 6 in there last year, they just sit around under the
rocks, specifically the ones that have the water running over and under
them.
Although as you say, they dont eat all the slugs...

My ol man (joking I think!!) said to tether a badger in the garden and that
would keep out the slugs...... Hmmmmmm!!!!!!

So we opted for Nemotoads, worked pretty well too!

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
. net...
Your neighbours probably have ponds and you have some long grass or

similar.
We get the neighbourhood frogs hunting in our garden for just this reason.
We are intending to restore some "wildness" once we've removed all the
pernicious weeds.

Paul DS.