Old 02-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default listserve?

Yeah, the resident egomaniac is you, Julie Sloan.

Everybody has your number by now.

Julie Sloan wrote in message

Julia - -

There's generally not this much chaff here. There's a resident
egomaniac whom it's best to ignore, but I just *had* to call him out.
My fault. It'll pass.

Julie

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:46:38 -0400, "Julia Green"
typed these words:

I belong to an Irish Wolfhound listserv and they allow pictures to be

posted
within messages and I like it sooo much. I was hoping there'd be a
gardening listserv that was similar. I don't like having to go between
newsgroups or between messages and files to look at photos--I guess I'm
spoiled s. As for why I'd prefer a listserv--I like this newsgroup for
what it is but a listserv is generally more civilized and not so much

chaff
to separate from the wheat.

"JNJ" wrote in message

Julia -- Due to the sheer volume of messages and content that most

e-mail
lists see, any e-mail list you find that allows pics to be posted will

only
do so for a short period of time; eventually, they will have to stop
allowing the pics to go through due to the expense involved (not just
monetary, but also resources).

Is there something in particular you need that an e-mail list would

service
better than the newsgroups? Although it's a faux pas to post pictures

on
discussion groups, groups such as rec.gardens has its companion binary

group
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens and most folks on one are on the other

and
move between the two regularly.

James

http://www.bobsloansampler.com/

Bearskin to Holly Fork: Stories from Appalachia
by Bob Sloan ISBN: 1-893239-21-7