Old 02-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Kayakkhan

Default Waaayy too many mosquito fish!

Well ok...remove the Koi
sprinkle with Derris Dust (contains rotenone) the gambusia are stunned not
killed and float to the top...scoop them out ...couple of hours the derris
is rendered inoperative ..reinstall koi ...and any gambusia you want to
reseed the pond with

"Bob Adkins" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:23:37 -0700, "bobkiely" wrote:

Hi again group!

I have a 600-700 gallon pond with 3 small koi about the size of the 6 -

4-5"
goldfish and about 200 mosquito fish. The mosquito fish multiply like
guppies and in fact look a lot like guppies. Started with 15 a year and a
half ago and now have an estimated 200.

You're going to have to educate me on this one.

If the Koi and gambusia live in harmony, the gambusia are doing you a
service by eating mosquito and fly larva.

If you consider them a nuisance or they are creating too much waste in the
pond, do the bottle trick. It works.

Bob