Old 02-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Theo Asir

Default Dying Canes and Fungicide

One of the non HT roses affected does get a lot of shade. The other

non-HT,
Belinda's Dream is so very thick and full, even growing alone it can't

possibly
get good air circulation.
I think I'll go back to using Dithane as my primary fungicide and see what
happens. Of course our temps stay in the upper 80's now so I should

notice a
decrease anyway.

All that I have read on this disease calls
for fairly dramatic action. The author of that
page called for abandoning the spray schedule
and essentially a slash and burn technique.

From my sisters experience with her grapevine
(she lost everything) this not a disease
like PM or Blackspot that can
be tolerated. It MUST be erradicated. Quickly.

The disease once inside the plant will
continue to kill it, roots & all. Climate
has little influence at that point.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Maybe you're right again, Theo. Maybe...

Unfortunately so.