Old 02-07-2003, 04:08 PM
John DeBoo

Default Soaker Hoses

Charles wrote:
I have a long, narrow planting area that I think would be a good place
to use a soaker hose. I tried one, the area at the head end got
flooded, at the distant end got very little water. I used pull
pressure from the hose bib, it seemed to me that the hose should carry
the water and that the amount leaking out should only be affected by
the porosity.

did I get a bad hose? Are there good ones?

Sears sells some lifetime guaranteed ones. I've not used the
soakers but have a few of their regular hoses (black rubber
lifetimes) and am VERY pleased with them. Soakers are of the same
material.