Old 02-07-2003, 04:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default New Pond Kills Fish

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:11:12 GMT, in a place far, far away, "DKat"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Feeder fish are expected to have a high mortality. I don't know that

their
loss will tell you much about your water state....

A hundred percent? They all died by the second day...

snip

I used to by Rosie's to feed my gar before he died. I found them to be hit
or miss. In my 55 gal, they seemed to either last forever or die over night.
I had about a 50/50 chance of either. In my 10 gallon stock tank, they never
died. In my pond, they have been spawning like crazy. All tanks have good
water numbers. Go figure.

I think feeders are just bargain basement fish, and what you get is what you
pay for.

BV.