Old 02-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Kay Easton

Default planting fir trees in the back garden as a screen

In article , mick
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , mick
writes
wrote in message

He's already explained the situation. Screening off 3-storey flats, no
shadow cast over the building. Just because some hedges cause problems
doesn't mean to say all hedges in all situations do!

Only a three storey block? Most old Victorian houses would be that high.
Fifteen feet is still a lot - and a lot of mainainance as I explained in the
large chunk you selectively snipped.

"selectively snipped"
What is sensible snipping apart from 'selective'? Would you prefer me to
do indiscriminate snipping?

And whatever you may feel about a 15ft hedge, a three storey block of
flats complete with people overlooking your house and garden is a lot
worse!

If you dont like being overlooked then dont live in a town is the simple
answer .

Not a practical answer for those of us who need to earn a living!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: