Old 02-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Nedra

Default Ultimate Lotus Garden

BV, I'll just take your math as a given ;-) lol

At 32 sq.ft., your pond will be overgrown in a couple
of months. Especially since you will be planting them
without benefit of a pot. Just take my word for it, BV.
You really do want a larger lotus pond. Why, just look
at a the size of your lotus leaves now!! Imagine what it will
be by the end of summer. Did you already tell us what kind
of lotus it is? If so, I didn't get the post.

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Of course I have thoughts! lol ... First I think you are making the
lotus pond too small. Mine is 12 feet in diameter so don't
know how yours compares?

Yours is 12' in diameter or a 6' radius so pi * r2 = 3.14 * (6 * 6) = 113
square feet. My plan is to use this already built bed which is 4 x 8 or 32
square feet. Is my math right? So I am looking about a 1/3 of the size of
yours, give or take. Talk to me about size...why do you think this is too
small?

Move your lotuses either in the
fall when all growth has stopped or in the early spring.

I planned for as much. Cool.

I know nothing about anything else you talked about......
err something.

snip

Sure you do.